Addition of Experienced Teams at Precision Testing Laboratories and Precision Analytical Services Significantly Strengthens York’s NJ Presence
On January 23, York Analytical completed the largest acquisition in the company’s history with the addition of two well-respected “sister” laboratories in Toms River, New Jersey.
- Precision Testing Labs is expert at ground water and soil analyses with robust licensing by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP).
- Precision Analytical Services is the largest New Jersey laboratory specializing exclusively in drinking water analyses and sampling services.
Both laboratories will continue to operate from the existing central New Jersey facility, where York Analytical has already begun construction of additional space for new PFAS and soil characterization laboratories.
“Mark Feitelson and Vini Bandeira have built first-rate laboratories steeped in client-service that culturally and strategically align with our focus. I am thrilled they will both be active members of York’s senior team,” said Michael J. Beckerich, CEO and president of York Analytical.
“This significant investment advances several important areas for York, and immediately provides a meaningful physical presence in New Jersey,” said Michael J. Beckerich, CEO and president of York Analytical. “We are building around a great team in Toms River for the long-term and quickly expanding services to meet growing client needs.”
According to Mark Feitelson, founder and Laboratory Director of Precision Analytical Services, and co-founder of Precision Testing Laboratories: “The energy and focus of York’s senior leadership is a perfect match for our teams. We are very excited to incorporate our operation with York Analytical and take advantage of the resources they bring to grow our business to the next level.”
In addition to becoming York’s first full-service New Jersey laboratory, the acquisition advances three important areas for York that have quickly evolved in the last two years:
- York has now doubled the size of its drinking water operations, starting with the acquisition of Aqua Environmental (Newtown, CT) last January. The addition of Precision Analytical Services accelerates this growth with its robust client-base, adds meaningful capacity to service new clients, and connects service areas in the tri-state region with York’s Connecticut and Hudson Valley (NY) operations.
- Strategically located within 90 miles of York’s NYC-based flagship PFAS laboratory, Precision Testing Labs, led by co-founder and Laboratory Director Vini Bandeira, has the expertise and physical space needed to expand York’s PFAS leadership in the heart of New Jersey.
- York will have the opportunity to recruit a new talent pool of chemists in central New Jersey to augment the strong team already in place at the Toms River location. The facility has comprehensive licensing already in place and room to build out new laboratory space to accommodate new hires looking to further their career in the environmental analytical field.
Candidates can visit yorklab.com/careers to start learning how to join Team York.
ABOUT PRECISION ANALYTICAL SERVICES, INC.
Precision Analytical Services, Inc. (www.drinkingwatertesting.com) is the largest laboratory in New Jersey specializing exclusively on drinking water and sampling services. Founded and incorporated in 1992 by Mark D. Feitelson, Precision Analytical Services is a leading provider of drinking water services to homeowners for compliance with the Private Well Testing Act, pool water analyses and municipal monitoring compliance.
ABOUT PRECISION TESTING LABS, INC.
Precision Testing Labs, Inc. (www.ptlabs.net) was founded and incorporated in 2000 by environmental scientist principals Mark D. Feitelson and Vinicius (Vini) Bandeira. Located in Toms River, NJ (next to Precision Analytical Services. Inc.), Precision Testing Labs is a full-service laboratory certified by the NJDEP to support the needs of Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP) and other environmental professionals.
ABOUT YORK ANALYTICAL LABORATORIES, INC.
Since 1990, York Analytical Laboratories, Inc. (www.yorklab.com) has been the region’s most respected name in industrial and environmental testing, with 30+ years of comprehensive analyses of water, soil and air for regulated contaminants. York is one of the largest independent, owner-operated environmental laboratory companies in the Northeast, with locally based facilities throughout Hudson Valley, Connecticut, Long Island, and New York City.
In 2018, York moved its corporate headquarters to Nyack, NY and opened the region’s first and largest PFAS testing laboratory in Queens, NY. In 2022, York acquired Aqua Environmental in Newtown, CT to begin offering drinking water analyses and services.